DF Gibson Architects designed a 28,000 square foot addition to a one-story 1950’s school. The addition provides a new gymnasium, cafeteria/media center, and eight new classrooms. Concurrent with the design of this addition, all new heating and air conditioning and technology systems were incorporated into the school, including a new absorption chiller/heater.
Since the original ’neo-classical’ true divided light windows had been removed in an earlier renovation, we took the opportunity while replacing the windows for acoustic purposes to restore them aesthetically consistent with the original.
>> Download project details